We operate on a fee for service practice, which means you will be charged at each appointment. Patients have the option to apply for care credit on their own at carecredit.com, which allows them to pay for treatment at the time of service. You can pay this card off interest-free for 12 months.
If your employer offers a Healthcare Spending Account (HSA), your treatment plan may qualify as an eligible expense. Please inquire with your HSA provider.
We don’t accept insurance. If you would like to try to coordinate with your medical insurance, please do so before treatment begins, as some require pre-authorization for coverage. Every medical insurance is different for what they cover related to TMJ. We are not in any provider network for medical, but there may be out of network options.
Some patients have found their dental insurance to prove helpful with Phase 2 treatment, if they have orthodontic care included. We will check orthodontic coverage and file the dental insurance if you are covered.
You will want to file your medical claims to get reimbursement if you have coverage.
The treatment plan is made up of 2 phases.
TMJ and Sleep Center Journey:
- Cure Consult - This is a free consultation. You’ll speak with Dr. Insolera, explain your symptoms, and receive insight and education on TMJ.
- TMJ Exam - This is a clinical exam with x-rays. Dr. Insolera will review the exam with you and provide a treatment plan along with the associated investment.
- Phase 1 Treatment Plan - This phase addresses the symptoms that brought you to us in the first place. It typically uses a series of two splints (one week each) and then two orthotics (four months each) that create a muscle position, setting you up for success.
- Phase 2 Treatment Plan - After the muscles are totally functional/pain-free, this phase focuses on transitioning you away from the need to wear a neuromuscular orthotic and straightening, or erupting, any teeth that need realignment after the new muscle position has been established via the previous two orthotics.
- Success! You graduate your TMJ treatment and journey to a pain-free life without the worry of your prior symptoms!
Treatment cost is broken down into each step of the treatment process.
- Cure Consult - Free
- Initial Exam with X-rays - $325
- Phase 1 - Treatment spans over approximately eight months and charges will be incurred at each of the 8 visits. This phase requires 4 separate devices (2 splints and 2 orthotics) to realign the muscles of the jaw.
- Phase 2 - Treatment is highly dependent on each individual’s situation. The number of visits is dependent on the individual treatment plan, if you need braces, etc.
Throughout your treatment you may experience discomfort as your body is adjusting, but we will never include anything that is painful for you. Most people say their pain is reduced as soon as they start wearing the orthotics. There are no needles or the need for surgery.
Braces are not always necessary for TMJ patients. It is assessed on an individual basis when you reach the second phase of treatment, depending on how much progress still needs to be made.
Thankfully no! TMJ and Sleep Center has a non-surgical pain relief approach. We believe, through orthotics and sticking to your treatment plan, you can cure your TMJ without the need for surgery by functional, happy, pain-free muscles.
Curing your TMJ is a long yet worthwhile process, since we are creating a long term solution without any invasive procedures. We generally see treatment last 18-24 months total.
There is no prep necessary for your cure consult. To prepare for your first exam, please fill out our New Patient Form. You can print and fill out the New Patient Form in advance, or we will provide you a copy at your first appointment. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to allow for filling out paperwork.
We can remake the appliance. Depending on the circumstance, there might be a lab fee charged.
Dr. Paul Insolera has over 25 years of expertise in treating Sleep Apnea and TMJ. He relies on his extensive training, with the latest instrumentation for TMJ/Orthodontics/sleep apnea diagnostics and treatment, to provide world-class technology to his patients.
Dr. Insolera actively lectures on treatment protocols for TMJ, Orthodontics, and sleep apnea diagnostics. Dr. Insolera mentors other dentists on treatment protocols for TMJ/Ortho/Sleep apnea for success.
Dr. Insolera takes patients from all around the country. He has patients from Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, Wisconsin, Florida, Arizona, Alaska, New York, etc.